|Job Title: ||Assistant Paddlesports Manager
|Industry Sector: ||Outdoor
|Job Categories: ||Retail - Management
The Position: Assistant Paddlesports Manager
Assistant Paddlesports Manager
Would you like to come live and work where you play in New York’s six-million acre Adirondack State Park?!
We are Mountainman Outdoor Supply Company, and are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Assistant Manager for our Paddlesports shop in Old Forge, NY. We own and operate six brick-and-mortar stores in Old Forge and Saratoga Springs, and our paddleshop in Old Forge is NYS’s leading paddlesports shop in the industry. Our main paddlesports retail shop is located on a 6-acre campus co-mingled with our livery business, as well as our outdoor gear and clothing shop.
This position is part of a company management team and works directly with the Paddlesports Manager to strategize, plan and implement all necessary operations for the success of Mountainman Outdoor Supply Company, including the goals specific to Paddlesports. We are looking for a team player with experience in the outdoor industry, specifically with Canoes, Kayaks and Stand-Up-Paddleboards. You will assist in the facilitation of a healthy sales environment as well as maintaining a well-trained staff.
- Assisting with the organization and supervision of all operations of the Paddlesports Shop.
- Accounting of all cash and sales receipts
- Management of sales, merchandising, stocking and receiving in all areas of the shop
- Maintaining clean and safe conditions inside and outside of the retail and rental shop
- Oversight of the daily work of all employees and ensuring that all customers have a pleasant shopping experience
- Assisting with the handling and managing of customer service including ensuring high levels of customer service and customer satisfaction in all aspects of our Paddlesports shops
- Assists with the management of personnel functions of Paddlesports staff, including:
- Staff orientation for new hires and ongoing staff development
- Coaching and mentoring assigned staff
- Working to assure proper staff morale and conduct.
- Assists with purchasing and inventory management, including:
- Working with store manager, vendors and sales representatives to provide store with a variety of items and services that best suit MOSC’s needs
- Processing of all pre-season and fill in orders
- As part of the management team, assist with implementation of events and development of new marketing strategies for all paddleshop promotions, sales and events, including:
- Ensuring that there is creative and effective merchandising for all aspects of the Paddlesports Shops
- Assist with the development and implementation of existing and new paddle shop events including: Adirondack Paddlefest, Moose River Fest, SUP Fest, Demo Days, etc.
- Follows industry trends and uses information to help chart a course for future implementation of Shop sales and marketing strategies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Analytical skills regarding spreadsheet data, industry trends, and personnel issues, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with manufacturers’ reps, guests, and staff
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work autonomously, yet function as a team player
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to lift 70+ lbs.
- A flexible and casual work environment
- Joining an awesome team
- Amazing discounts on the products we sell
- Paid vacation and personal time
- Health Insurance (optional)
- 401(k) plan (optional)
- Competitive Salary
Please note this job description is not all-encompassing. Duties, responsibilities and activities may have slight alterations to meet the needs and goals of the company.
Education and Experience
- Some college (AA/AS or better preferred)
- Minimum 3-yrs. experience in outdoor retail and paddlesports sales
- Point-of-sale experience
Please forward your cover letter, resume and salary history.
Job Location: Old Forge, NY
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: 25 miles
Required to Relocate: No
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 3-5 years