|Job Title: ||Sales Coordinator
|Industry Sector: ||Outdoor
|Job Categories: ||Admin/Clerical
Sales - Inside
The Position: Sales Coordinator
The primary role of the Sales Coordinator is to process all orders and be a main point of contact for retailers and sales representatives. The Sales Coordinator additionally assists in account maintenance, open order reporting, and assuring smooth order processing from order reception to delivery.
Essential job functions
- Support the sales team as needed by calling dealers to promote Grand Trunk promotions/specials, process order changes, backorders, and provide updates on news in the industry as needed.
- Ensure CRM system is updated routinely to ensure accuracy with customer accounts.
- Assist sales team in communication to rep vendors to ensure they are equipped with samples, sales information, and other tasks such as following up with dealers.
- Interface with dealers, Sales Reps and Sales Managers to process and track orders, revise existing pre-season orders, enter timely orders the same day they are received with special attention to closeout sales and program orders.
- Ensure accuracy of orders, returns, customer accounts, and all other related transactions in a prompt, efficient manner.
- Work with finance, operations, marketing, sales, and shipping/receiving departments to set up and manage accounts, provide necessary reporting, and communicate issues that affect shipment of orders, customer/dealer relationships, and revenue.
- Respond in a timely, professional and positive manner to all inquiries, whether phone, email or fax, regarding Grand Trunk orders or family of products. This will include, but is not limited to, product availability inquiries, order and shipping status updates, product information and return requests.
- Process returns and exchanges per department procedures, using proper codes to categorize reason for return correctly. Proactively communicate persistent quality control issues within the department and to other departments as necessary.
- Work closely with Sales Managers to grow sales and provide exceptional service to our domestic retailers.
- In coordination with the finance team and shipping teams, manage all account information for a specific territory, assuring all information is up to date and accurate; this includes, but is not limited to, editing store locations, updating contact list and coordinating with the shipping department regarding any shipment preferences per updated Vendor Guides.
- Perform other duties as assigned and carry out all reasonable requests by leadership, which the employee is capable of performing.
- Travel as needed to trade shows and/or customer visits as necessary.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Results Driven.
- Customer Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills, flexibility and the ability to work independently.
- Capacity to communicate effectively with dealers, reps and consumers on a wide range of issues.
- Strong knowledge base of Salesforce CRM platform.
- Proficient computer skills, including prior experience with order fulfillment software and Microsoft Office.
- Previous employment in the outdoor industry related to customer services and/or retail is a bonus.
Job Location: Skokie, IL
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Required Experience Required: 1-3 years