The Position: Product Developer Footwear
Simms Fishing Products is a leader in the fishing industry – driven to create growth and vitality in the community. We build trustworthy and angler-driven products. Our employees communicate openly, keep their commitments and inspire trust. We build for the long haul with products that last and a brand that endures. Our employees are our most important catch.
To be a great fit at Simms, you must embrace the fishing culture and follow our practice to work like we fish – with purpose, passion & curiosity. Be prepared to share your latest fishing adventures.
Product Developer, Footwear
The Simms organization is growing and we’re looking to fill the Product Developer, Footwear position. This is a full-time, in-house position based in Bozeman, Montana.
The Product Developer, Footwear will lead and manage the successful translation of 2D design into 3D samples that meet or exceed design intent, costing targets, and adhere to established standards for lab/field testing, quality, and durability.
As a champion of the prototyping and commercialization phases, the Product Developer, Footwear must facilitate positive collaboration within the category team(s), across the rest of the organization, and with external partners to successfully execute and meet established workflow requirements, budget constraints, sampling standards and milestone dates.
Further, the Product Developer, Footwear will manage the identification, development and preparation of advanced constructions, advanced materializations, and advanced engineering concepts to meet consumer-driven insights, support the market positioning of the brand & category, and facilitate successful adoption into seasonal line planning.
Outcomes of this role include:
- Seasonal proto and commercialization phases hit or exceed established milestone dates while adhering to budget constraints, workflow requirements, design intent, lab & field testing standards and costing targets.
- Cultivation of positive teamwork and inspiration within the category team(s), across the organization, and with external partners through an open, professional and collaborative work style.
- Detailed creation, management and socialization of standardized Development documentation that successfully drives the proto and commercialization phases forward: product specs, quality specs, BOMs, etc.
- Disciplined market and consumer research to successfully identify, develop, and adopt advanced constructions, patterning and materials into seasonal line planning.
- Embraces a ‘fail fast to succeed sooner’ approach to developing protos and new concepts.
Requirements for this role include:
Ø Bachelor's degree in Design, Business, Marketing or relevant field.
Ø Minimum 5 years of experience in footwear development. Prefer candidates with prior experience in the fishing industry and related footwear constructions.
Ø Strong attention to detail.
Ø Problem-solving skills.
Ø Team building skills.
Ø Process-driven attitude.
Ø International travel up to 25%.
Simms offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life, Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays & Paid Time Off.
Job Location: Bozeman, MT
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 5-7 years