|Job Title: ||Snowboard Buyer/Dep't. Head
|Industry Sector: ||Snow
|Job Categories: ||Retail - Management
The Position: Snowboard Buyer/Dep't. Head
Sport Systems, is a 30 year-old retail business specializing in outdoor action sports including cycling, triathlon, running, swimming, skiing, and snowboarding in Albuquerque, NM. We are seeking a buyer and department head for our busy snowboard department. We are the Southwest?s largest Burton dealer. We also represent Arbor, Ride, Salomon, Rossignol, and K2 among other industry leading brands. Our expertise includes Masterfit bootfitting along with drop-in and custom footbeds. We guarantee fit. We also offer a comprehensive line of snowboard apparel, and accessories. We provide support for this department with a cutting edge service department. Sport Systems is the premier Winter sports retailer in New Mexico and has a long history of community involvement and support. Our core values include authenticity, value, integrity, philanthropy, adaptability, fun and relationship. Our alignment and commitment to these core values have developed a culture within our team that is second to none.
The successful buyer will achieve the following during their tenure with Sport Systems.
1. Create assortments that are compelling, timely, seasonally adjusted and targeted towards our key demographics.
2. Maintain a high performing inventory that exhibits excellent turns, sell through, and GMROI.
3. Produce a profitable department that takes advantage of vendor close-outs, discount programs, mark-down strategies and vendor selection.
4. Set monthly objectives, monitor rates of travel and develop action plans to achieve stated financial goals.
5. Effectively market the department using venues such as our website, social media, company events, POP, Vendor co-op programs, community outreach and others.
6. Stay abreast of current trends in the marketplace and in the various sports they are representing. Be a valuable asset to our customers that participate in those disciplines.
7. Develop a high quality team that produces exceptional customer service, customer retention, and reputation within the community.
8. Become a high functioning member of the management team that adds to the synergy of everyone?s efforts towards producing a highly successful company.
Salary is commensurate with experience and is competitive. Our benefit package includes: health/dental plans, retirement plan, quarterly bonuses, access to pro deals, travel to trade shows, fun employee events, and a positive work environment. The cooperative efforts of our team are currently producing a record year and business is on a very positive trajectory.
Job Location: Albuquerque, NM
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: No
Required Experience Required: 1-3 years
Contact Name: Jerry Shere