Product Line Description:
Brooks Range Mountaineering is looking for an Independent Sales Rep in Western Canada; British Columbia and Alberta.
The successful candidate will work closely and develop long term relationships with our existing account base. The individual must be able to identify new accounts to meet sales growth plans while maintaining the integrity of Brooks Range Mountaineering.
- Maintains, serves and grows existing book of business
- Meets and exceeds seasonal sales operating plans; must be able to travel extensively throughout territory to service existing accounts and identify new sales opportunities
- Identifies opportunities in the marketplace to place for Brooks Range Mountaineering
- Creates a service distinction with our retail partners though detailed account planning and a thorough understanding of our customer’s businesses
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the outdoor industry marketplace (competitor information, consumer insight, market penetration, etc.)
- Develops and successfully leverage cross-functional internal relationships (Sales Planning, Marketing, Accounting, Customer Service, etc.)
- Ensures proper visual standards are being adhered to by our customers; works proactively and collaboratively with customers to properly leverage marketing programs, and supports Brooks Range Mountaineering
- Have a Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the outdoor retail industry
- Exceptional professionalism in communication and engagement with customers, staff and corporate relationships; work well in a team environment
- Demonstrate proven track record of sales territory growth, strong business acumen and continued annual increase in sales volume.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.