Regional Sales Manager - Southwest
Posted by Shimano North America Holding, Inc. on 12/13/2022
Industry Sector: Fishing, Outdoor
Job Categories: Management - Sales
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment, Retail
State: AR, LA, OK, TX
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Regional Sales Manager- Southwest
Shimano North America Holding, Inc. is a global company offering the world's sporting community top labels and brands, including Shimano, G. Loomis, Power Pro, and Lazer Sports.
We are seeking a Regional Sales Manager – Southwest to join our team! At Shimano, we welcome your talent, innovation, and enthusiasm.
We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and incentives and are proud to support our employees' health and happiness. We offer paid time off, medical, dental, vision, employer-matching 401k, wellness incentives, a fully equipped on-site gym, rideshare, and much more.
The Regional Sales Manager – Southwest is responsible for developing and implementing annual plans and forecasts for the region. Creating monthly and annual sales strategies and objectives, managing territory sales representatives to achieve sales plans and budgets and growing Shimano’s overall position within the market with our diverse customer base. Primarily focused on freshwater and saltwater inshore markets within the Southwest region; Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, & Louisiana
· Develop a short and mid-term strategy for his or her territory, taking into consideration market, retailer, and consumer insight balanced against Shimano’s long-term objectives.
· Prepare and share reports of field activities and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) against hitting targets and forecasts.
· Create both annual and monthly sales objectives in coordination with Shimano’s business plan.
· Provide an annual sales plan and provide quarterly updates, revisions, and modifications to the plan.
· Establish both market channel and key account strategies.
· Spend a significant portion of time in the field both with individual accounts and co-traveling with sales personnel.
· Coordinate through principal sales rep all in-territory salesmen-focused activities related to sell-in and sell-through of all brands.
· Build sales planning templates. Maintain sales forecasts, territory reporting, and seasonal budgets.
· Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales forecasts for regions and territories; project expected sales volume for existing and new products.
· Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
· Create both annual and monthly sales objectives for field-based reps in coordination with Shimano’s business plan.
· Prepare, review and manage regional sales budgets and forecasts.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Work collaboratively with the Product, Promotions Team, and Supply Chain Group.
· Participate in monthly Sales and Operations Calls (S&OP) and bring field information to the group.
· 5+ years of experience in account and /or territory management.
· 3+ years of experience in managing personnel, excellence in interpersonal communication, and management skills.
· Advanced knowledge and skills in performing market analyses to identify profitable growth opportunities, forecasting sales, and developing and implementing sales plans to profitability and grow revenue.
· Experience in creating and managing co-op programs and budgets.
· Experience in Travel and Entertainment (T&E) budget management.
· Skills and ability to utilize analytics to develop strategic sales plans for growth.
· Experience working with a CRM platform.
· Providing reports to an overseas parent company.
· General knowledge of the fishing industry.
· Solid experience in MS Office, retail math, and in-store merchandising.
· Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to operate with minimal supervision.
· This position is based in a territory with extensive travel requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is desired.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualification associated with the job. Shimano North America reserves the right to modify and change responsibilities and duties herein without notice.
Shimano North America is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.