Logistics Support Specialist
Posted by La Sportiva NA, Inc. on 01/04/2023
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Operations
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
La Sportiva N.A., Inc.: Logistics Support Specialist
Reports To: Inventory & Logistics Manager
Location: Boulder, Colorado (Denver Metro area residents or those willing to relocate only)
FLSA Code: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $40,000 - $50,000 DOE plus potential bonuses and a generous benefits package
Start Date: February 1, 2023
La Sportiva N.A., Inc. is looking for a Logistics Support Specialist to join the Warehouse operations team. The Logistics Support Specialist is a full-time position that provides administrative support to the warehouse department, reporting directly to the Logistics & Inventory Manager. As the Logistics Support Specialist, you will be responsible for coordinating with vendors and ensuring the company's products reach their destinations promptly and efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with each vendor daily and maintain a vendor contact list.
- Manage the purchase order files electronically from submission to receipt.
- Verify documentation is accurate from the vendor, before the product moves into transit.
- Coordinate with the freight forwarder and customs brokers for each product shipment.
- Supplying accurate clearance information and confirming shipments are cleared correctly.
- Review the invoice for accurate pricing and ensure it matches the packing slip/product receipt.
- Coordinate with vendors if there are any receipt discrepancies in the product shipments.
- Schedule delivery of product shipments and coordinate with warehouse staff for timely receipt.
- Process purchase order receipts into ERP and provide product receipt files to Accounting for billing.
- Notify corporate staff when products are received into ERP.
- Communicate with staff when there are shipment delays that may impact outbound shipments.
- Communication of product arrival dates and coordinating the physical product receipts with the warehouse inbound teams.
- Organize weekly/yearly product inventory counts.
- Assist with periodic product quality control checks.
- Assist with logistics item and inventory management (UPC Code, Bin Number, and HTS/HS Code) within ERP and WMS.
- Assist with warehouse and facilities-related needs when needed.
- Maintain and create logistics procedures.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management.
Skills and Abilities:
- NetSuite experience or related ERP experience is preferred
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience is preferred
- Customer service-related experience is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient with Google Workspace
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in logistics/supply chain or equivalent on-the-job experience
- Warehouse experience in inbound or outbound operations
- Experience working with freight forwarders and customs brokers
- 37+ hour standard work week requirement
- Office environment with appropriate workspace and equipment needed for position are provided
- Occasional long periods of sitting, walking, and standing
- The position requires regular interaction with a variety of constituents, including team members and vendors
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a schedule of Monday through Thursday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Company-paid healthcare insurance for the employee, spouse, and dependents
- 401K retirement plan plus employer Safe Harbor match
- 22 paid holidays, 80 hours of paid vacation, 40 hours of paid personal leave, and 48 hours of paid sick leave
- 12 weeks of paid maternity leave; 8 weeks of paid paternity leave
- La Sportiva product discounts and allowance
- Wellness/fitness benefit
- RTD Eco-pass
- Up to 2 days of remote work per week after 6 months of employment
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter, resume, references, and completed questionnaire through this Google Form. No walk-ins or phone calls, please. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
La Sportiva is an equal-opportunity employer. Your gender, religion, skin color, first language, and age do not factor into employment decisions here. Neither do your friends in high places. If you love our mission and products and are great at what you do, come as you are.
About La Sportiva
Our mission is to bring you the best technical products to explore the outdoors. For 93 years, we have been producing innovative products, and we look forward to the next 90 years. Produced and designed in a small mountain town at the foot of the Dolomites, La Sportiva supports 140 families in a unique and enviable environment. Every day the mountains surround the people who handcraft our products. Being mountain-based and family-run allows us to draw on eight decades of experience handed down through the generations. With this heritage, we can focus on the future and meld new technologies, ideas, and innovation with our rich manufacturing knowledge to give you the most amazing products on the market. Products that let you go where you dream to go, do what you dream to do, and live how you want to live.
Our goal is to find the ideal balance between life and work while maintaining a thriving business that allows our associates to enjoy life and be proud. We want people to love working at La Sportiva and always be excited to make it a better place to work and feel effective and rewarded. We want to be the company that customers and retailers love to work with and strive to support whenever they can.