Pete Lane's Tune & Repair Manager
Posted by Sun Valley Resort on 01/05/2023
Industry Sector: Bike, Snow
Job Categories: Retail - Bike Mechanic - Ski Technician
Company Type: Recreation, Retailer, Service, TravelandTourism
City: Sun Valley
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Contact Name: Jonathan Mentzer
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Sun Valley Company
Pete Lane’s Tune & Repair Manager
Department: Retail Department
Reports To: Pete Lane’s Brand & Buying Manager & Rental Operations Manager
Location: River Run & Pete Lane’s Village
Summary: The Tune & Repair Manager is a full-time, year-round position that supervises a team of tuners to maintain ski rental fleets and customer ski and snowboard tunes. One of your primary objectives is to utilize our world-class Wintersteiger Jupiter automated Tuning machine. In the summer season, the job entails supervising a team of bike mechanics to maintain bike rental fleets and guest bike tunes. In addition, the position has year-round benefits specific to Pete Lane’s and the Resort.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Works directly with the Pete Lane’s Brand & Buying Manager and Rental Operations Manager on the following administrative duties:
- Hiring qualified tuners and bike mechanics and managing all aspects of their work.
- Ordering tools, parts, and supplies necessary to maintain the rental fleets.
- Administering annual binding indemnification clinics for all rental employees and pursuing training specific to both the ski and bike industries.
Works directly with the Pete Lane’s Brand & Buying Manager and Rental Operations Manager on the following operations
- Operate daily tune and repair services.
- Maintain machines.
- Maintain a high-quality rental fleet for skis, snowboards, and bikes.
- Identify future needs for the operation, including participating in machine acquisition.
- Staying atop the newest tune and repair procedures in the industry and looking for continuous improvement of best practices.
- Working to satisfy all indemnification agreements annually, including binding testing.
- Providing a safe work environment for staff members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Prior ski tuning and bike mechanic experience, especially using Wintersteiger machines.
- Prior experience supervising and mentoring staff and previous customer service experience.
- Time management skills and must be able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Design: Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs. Applies design principles and demonstrates attention to detail.
- Office Skills: Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Office, and RTP software.
- Communication: Good written and verbal skills.
- Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback while contributing to building a positive team spirit.
- The candidate should be a self-starter, be organized, positive and resourceful, have a proven focus on the broad scope and opportunity, and have the ability to be firm but gracious at the same time.
• Group Medical/Life Coverage
• Flex-Spending Plan
• Dental Coverage
• Vision Coverage
• Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Sick Time
• Vacation Time
• Capital Accumulation (401k) with a 6% match
• Education Assistance
• Supplemental Insurance
Seasonal Benefits: Seasonal benefits change with each season. Please see HR for a list of the most up-to-date benefits.
***Complimentary Seasonal Lift Pass***
• Mountain Biking (summer employment only)
• Hiking (summer employment only)
• Skiing (winter employment only)
• Ice Rinks
• Bowling Alley
• Driving Range
• Putting Green
• Retail Shops
• Rental Equipment
• Trail Rides
• Gun Club
About Sun Valley Resort
#1 Ski Resort In The West 22/23 Founded in 1936, Sun Valley Resort is America’s oldest year-round destination resort. With two ski mountains, three golf courses (45 holes), two hotels (over 500 guest rooms), a Convention Center and fourteen restaurants, an outdoor ice skating rink, movie theater, bowling alley, and virtual golf, Sun Valley truly has something for everyone regardless of the season.
Sun Valley is nestled in the Wood River Valley which is located in the mountainous heart of central Idaho. It is a 26 mile long valley with access to 5 different mountain ranges. With 4 towns located throughout the valley and approximately 12,000 year round residents you get the serenity of the mountains without feeling isolated.