European Aftermarket Account Manager
Posted by Hayes Performance on 01/06/2023
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Management - Sales, Sales - Company Rep & Support
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment, Publication/Media, Recreation, RepAgency, Retailer
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
The joy of cycling is directly proportional to the amount of effort and dedication put forth by the practitioner and the desire to consistently improve, innovate and preform to a higher level of performance becomes a fulfilling, life-long calling. A workplace full of cycling colleagues, who apply the same fervor towards innovating and growing the brands under the Hayes umbrella as they do towards their performance in the saddle, makes for an environment where both shared interests, efforts and expertise culminate into progressing some of the most iconic and ambitious cycling brands in our industry to the next level.
We at Hayes take great pride in our performance, enjoy the effort necessary to improve upon it and thrive to make those incremental gains that in the end translate into victory. This mindset applies equally to our time atop the bike as it does to the way in which we work. If you too have a similar approach to both cycling and work then consider riding with us as we seek to improve the cycling experience, one component at a time.
General Overview: As an Aftermarket Account Manager, this role is multi-faceted and provides an opportunity to drive achievement of annual revenue and margin budget within the European, Middle East and Africa geographic territories and distributor and retailer sales channels.
The candidate must be strong in time management, creative thinking, problem solving, achieving departmental KPIs, possess a bias toward action and be adaptable when new projects and priorities are identified.
The European Account Manager position is based out of Hayes’ European office & distribution center, located near Munich, Germany. The Account Manager will work directly with the German based support team, reporting to the Director of Aftermarket Business, located at Hayes’ US headquarters in Mequon, WI. USA. The position may be performed remotely with travel to the office on to be determined need.
Responsibilities and Duties Include and Not Limited to:
· Drive achievement of annual revenue and margin budget for the aftermarket channel including distribution, independent bicycle retailers and internet-based partners within assigned geographic territories
· Develop and implement Hayes Bicycle Group global pricing strategy in coordination with Product Management, Marketing, Sales Leadership, and other Account Managers
· Initiate and develop sales and support distribution partnerships in key geographic territories
· Develop and implement, tactics to on-board and manage a network of contact sales representatives in key geographic territories to achieve desired sales goals
· Identify strategic internet-based house accounts forming direct sales, forecasting, and marketing objective partnerships.
· Develop and maintain Customer KPI cards and mutual business actions plans for goal achievement
· Gather, analyze, and internally communicate customer market intelligence (i.e., market conditions, brand/product acceptance, preference, perception, and SWOTs)
· Prepare annual revenue and margin budget for customers within assigned geographic territories and sales channels
· Prepare and implement revenue growth plan for current and prospective customers within assigned geographic territories and sales channels
· Establish and implement customer-specific communication cadence and schedule, and purchase decision timeline
· Plan and implement tradeshow, customer visit travel and meeting schedules w/ goals
· Plan and implement customer-specific product sample mix and delivery schedule
· Ability to travel internationally to visit customers, attend trade events participate in company continuous improvement exercises
Required Skills: Bachelor’s degree in business/marketing or sales related field required, plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience related field. Experience in cycling industry and international business preferred.
About Hayes Performance
Hayes Performance Systems was founded in 1946 as HH Products, a Milwaukee manufacturer of parts for outboard motors and small engine components. Today, we are a multi-national business boasting world class operations in North America, Asia and Europe.
Since 1969, Hayes Performance Systems has been located in Mequon, Wisconsin. The site includes offices and a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility spanning 155,000 square feet, where 300 senior executive, sales, engineering, support and production staff are employed. Hayes Performance Systems employs approximately 600 employees worldwide in the U.S.A., Taiwan, China and Germany.