Indirect Tax Accountant
Posted by Vista Outdoor on 01/26/2023
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Accounting
Company Type: Recreation
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $50,000 - $75,000
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Vista Outdoor’s corporate headquarters is looking to hire an Indirect Tax Accountant who will have responsibilities for various aspects related to the Company’s indirect taxes. This position will have responsibilities for sales/use and property tax compliance, audit support, and planning. The position will work directly with Vista Outdoor’s business and operation teams, corporate finance, and external third party service providers in carrying out his or her responsibilities. This position has the potential for growth and future promotions.
Vista Outdoor is a leading manufacturer and marketer of outdoor recreation and shooting sports products. We own brands such as Federal and Remington Ammunition, Bushnell, Bell, Giro, CamelBak, Camp Chef, Foresight Sports, Fox Racing, QuietKat, and Simms Fishing among many other recognized outdoor brands.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and file monthly and quarterly sales and use tax returns
- Prepare and file property tax returns, including real, personal, and unclaimed property
- Assists in tax audits including data gathering, review, and filing
- Review, analyze, and interpret existing tax laws and proposed tax legislation for the purpose of preparing forecasts of Company’s tax responsibilities with moderate oversight
- Provide strategic and tactical advice to management on the tax impacts of business activities, M&A, and other strategies
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in accounting, finance, or equivalent experience
- 0 to 4 years of related corporate or public accounting experience
- Knowledge of indirect tax (sales, use, and property) compliance preferred
- Experience with Alteryx preferred
- Experience with ERP systems preferred
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS products
- Strong communication skills
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of outdoor recreation and shooting sports products. We are headquartered in Anoka, Minnesota and employ approximately 5,900 skilled workers worldwide. We have multiple manufacturing and distribution facilities across the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico along with international customer service, sales and sourcing operations in Asia, Canada and Europe.
We operate through two reportable segments: Shooting Sports and Outdoor Products. Together, our segments serve the outdoor sports and recreation markets through a diverse portfolio of well-recognized brands that provide consumers with a wide range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products.