Head of People & Culture
Posted by Dave & Matt Vans on 12/22/2021
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Human Resources, Management - Team
Company Type: Recreation, TravelandTourism
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Base Salary: Starting at $55,000
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: Telecommute
Job Description & Requirements
Dave & Matt Vans is looking for a Head of People & Culture who can work on the day-to-day people operations, as well as create and deliver a compelling People & Culture vision and strategy for the longer term. As we plan for significant scaling, we need an impressive individual to support our employees and leadership team. The Head of People & Culture will be Dave & Matt Vans’ foremost culture steward by ensuring employees, managers, and leaders have the resources, programming, and guidance they need to be successful.
Who are You?
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting the full scope of human resources responsibilities and partner with the organization on strategic initiatives. As a start up, we want someone to step into our organization with a desire to create a comprehensive People strategy specific to our organization and grow with Dave & Matt Vans.
- Background in People and Culture role(s) AND/OR equivalent graduate level training in organizational psychology, organization development, human resources, organizational behavior or a similar discipline.
- Tech start-up and growth experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience or training across the whole employee lifecycle, including experience with contracts, payroll processing, onboarding, leadership development, talent management, compensation & benefits, and employment relations.
- Proven ability to solve problems and identify root causes; highly resourceful and takes initiative to seek internal or external advice when needed for the most effective outcome.
- Ability to support and influence across all departments of an organization; specifically with company values in mind.
- Ability to develop and implement improved processes and procedures to increase efficiencies or to meet business requirements.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
-Ability to build relationships with employees characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
Our mission is to make vanlife accessible to everyone. For those craving freedom and work-life balance, Dave & Matt Vans offers lifestyle vehicles built for you and at prices unmatched by competitors. Our team of experienced van lifers work collaboratively with clients to help them pursue their passions without compromising the comfort and protections of home. The efficiency of our build times and attention to detail ensure that all new van owners have everything they need to live full-time or part-time out of their new van by the time they’re ready to hit the road.
Job Type: Full time, Salaried
Schedule: 40+ hours/week.
Base Salary: Starting at $55,000. Varies based on experience and expertise.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness/Fitness, 401(K), PTO, Holidays.
Job Location: Hybrid options available. Candidates will be expected to work from our Gypsum, CO at least part time.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “YOUR NAME, Head of People & Culture Application” .
Dave & Matt Vans recognizes the fluidity, flexibility and variability of the outdoor industry. We recognize that not all parts of the industry fit exactly into the categories as outlined. As such, we highly encourage anyone who doesn't see themselves fully represented in the above to reach out and apply. Your experience may not fit neatly into a category, but that does not mean it is not welcome in our organization! If you are a new professional, a long-standing professional or anything in between-this could be for you. If you are interested in the business of the outdoors, the academics, the technical skills, the human skills-please apply.
About Dave & Matt Vans
OUR MISSION IS TO MAKE VAN LIFE ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE
For those craving freedom and work-life balance, Dave & Matt Vans offers lifestyle vehicles built for you and at prices unmatched by competitors. Our team of experienced van lifers work collaboratively with clients to help them pursue their passions without compromising the comfort and protections of home. The efficiency of our build times and attention to detail ensure that all new van owners have everything they need to live full-time or part-time out of their new van by the time they’re ready to hit the road.