Supply Chain Planning Analyst
Posted by Shimano North America Holding, Inc. on 09/23/2022
Industry Sector: Action, Bike, Fishing, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Finance, Materials, Operations, Product Analyst
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Supply Chain Planning Analyst – Bicycle Components
Shimano North America Holding, Inc. is a global company offering the world’s sporting community top labels and brands, including Shimano, G. Loomis, Power Pro, and Lazer Sports.
We are seeking a Supply Chain Planning Analyst – Bicycle Components to join our Irvine, CA team! At Shimano, we welcome your talent, innovation, and enthusiasm.
We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and incentives and are proud to support our employees' health and happiness. We offer paid time off, medical, dental, vision, employer-matching 401k, wellness incentives, a fully equipped on-site gym, rideshare, and much more.
This position will be responsible for working with a team of colleagues to develop a consensus market-driven demand and inventory plan based on input from sales, product, and marketing teams to support the company’s financial objectives.
Leading and executing the sales and operations planning process for specific Customer Accounts. Review and update tactical and long-range demand forecasts to ensure product availability, serviceability, and meeting inventory health targets. The position reports to the division senior supply chain manager with the responsibility of leading the planning team to manage inventory for specific product ranges across multiple distribution centers/warehouses and presenting results/action plans to higher levels of management.
- Utilize historical and market-based demand data to develop demand plans for review with Sales, Product, and Marketing teams as part of the S&OP process.
- Managing KPIs based on product and sales strategy that drive the demand plan.
- Assist with leading, preparing, and executing monthly Sales and Operations Planning processes across all Hard Good products and customer channels.
- Ongoing measurement and reporting of forecast accuracy, market inventory availability, and health.
- Creation and reporting of 18-month rolling production forecast.
- Leading and managing the Vendor Managed Inventory processes by providing the sales team with updated forecasts and inventory analysis.
- Drive continuous improvement of SOP and demand planning process to improve efficiency and performance of the cross-functional teams involved.
- Manage the product lifecycle management process as it pertains to customer catalogs for use in the demand planning process.
- Develop knowledge of inventory management plans based on safety stock strategies to meet inventory serviceability and health targets.
- Visit with external sales force and retail customer base as required
· 4-7 years of experience in demand planning in retail/consumer packaged goods in sporting goods or similar industries.
· Good working knowledge of retail distribution.
- Strong analytic and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently within cross-functional teams.
- Proficient in MS office suite (Excel, Access, Word). Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets; Strong system aptitude required
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Supply Chain, Finance, or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience can be considered in lieu of education.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Shimano North America reserves the right to modify and change responsibilities and duties herein without notice.
Shimano North America is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.