International Program Coordinator - Scuba and Marine Science
Posted by Broadreach Adventures, LLC on 11/10/2022
Industry Sector: Lifestyle, Outdoor, WaterSports
Job Categories: Customer Service, Operations, Sales - Inside - Product & Reservations
Company Type: Conservation, TravelandTourism
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Since 1993, Broadreach has offered adventure and experiential education for middle school and high school students in diverse locations around the world. Our active and highly facilitated adventures provide students with the opportunity to learn, explore and build skills through hands-on discovery and interaction with the world’s oceans, ecosystems and wildlife. Our small, dedicated, full-time team operates primarily out of our HQ office in Raleigh, NC. We take pride in our work individually and as a team and value curiosity, resilience, individual responsibility, teamwork and collaboration.
Broadreach is accepting applications for a full-time International Program Coordinator for our Scuba and Marine Science programs. Like most roles at Broadreach, this position includes many and diverse responsibilities across multiple aspects of our year-round operation including: Program planning, Sales, Customer Service, Instructor Hiring and other administrative tasks. We are looking for an addition to our team of fun, hardworking, adventurous employees with the ability to work collaboratively within a tight-knit team and function independently on diverse projects in a fast-paced, dynamic, customer service-focused environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Program planning and logistics for international scuba and marine science courses, including but not limited to communicating with outfitters, making reservations, updating student packets, creating program specific operations manuals, creating emergency action plans and completing detailed budgets and reviews.
- Answer incoming calls with a positive and helpful attitude, field basic questions and/or transfer to the appropriate person.
- Sales calls, emails and other tasks to get enrollments in programs.
- Provide exceptional customer service and support wherever needed.
- Assist with Interviewing, hiring, onboarding and training of seasonal instructors.
- Assisting with managing programs and staff in the field (from Raleigh).
Working Location and Conditions
- Location: Downtown Raleigh, NC (our staff are in the office 5 days a week, this is not a remote position)
- Flexible working hours and a casual office environment.
- Occasional work on weekends and evenings, including participating in a rotational 24-hour on-call schedule when programs are in the field is required.
- This position does not guarantee the opportunity to travel.
Qualifications for this position include the following:
- Candidate should be detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated and flexible.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong customer service oriented attitude required.
- Experience working in an administrative capacity within an office strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with computer software applications such as MS Office, G-suite required.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work experience required.
- Experience living, working, and/or studying internationally is preferred.
- Certified PADI professional preferred.
- Background, education or experience in marine biology preferred.
Salary & Benefits:
- Full-time Salaried Position: Starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Insurance: Health Insurance (BCBSNC) and long term disability Insurance offered.
- Retirement: 3% match on a SIMPLE IRA (pre-tax savings).
- Paid time off
How to Apply
- Applicant should submit a cover letter and resume through our online application.
- A criminal background check is required for employment.