Posted by Incredible Adventures on 12/06/2023
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Guide (raft,fish,bike hunt,horse etc.), Outfitter- Adventure Travel Staff
Company Type: TravelandTourism
City: San Francisco
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Contact Name: Chadwick Kieser
Business Phone: (415) 642-7378 ext. 6
Job Type: Seasonal Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
- START DATE:
WE ARE HIRING FOR SPRING/SUMMER 2024!
TOUR GUIDE Position: Incredible Adventures is looking for reliable, safety-driven, organized individuals with a desire for adventure! Guides should have a customer-service-oriented disposition, fun and outgoing attitude, and enjoy interacting with people from all over the country and the world. Experience is a plus, but not required. Safe driving skills are a must. Tour Guides will need to acquire a California Commercial Drivers License with a Passenger Endorsement. Training for the CDL will be provided during a 2.5-week training course in the spring.
On single-day trips, Guides will pick up and drop off passengers at San Francisco hotels and provide an informational narrative during the entire tour. On multi-day adventures, Guides will arrange daily logistics, outdoor and evening activities, and sightseeing excursions, plus teach sustainable travel, camping etiquette, and cooking skills. Most guides live in the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area and lead day trips + short multi-day camping/hotel trips from SF. Housing assistance is available to most guides.
Compensation: Wages are per trip, with daily rates for experienced guides/drivers ranging from $140-$300, plus gratuity. Wages for overnight, multi-day tours are per trip and range from $422-$750, plus gratuity. Our experienced guides can bring home more than $400 a day, including gratuity.
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a valid Commercial Driver’s License, Class B or C with passenger endorsement of 16+ (CDL training and assistance provided)
- Great communicator with high energy and excellent people skills
- Must be a safe, courteous driver
- Required to participate in state and federally-regulated drug and alcohol program which includes a pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to obtain First Aid/CPR certificate
- Must be authorized to legally work in the United States
- As the flow of tourism dictates our business, we ask that you are available to work weekends and holidays as needed
Benefits & Perks:
- Become an expert guide in well-known destinations including Yosemite, Muir Woods, San Francisco, and Napa & Sonoma
- Explore the outdoors in some of the most scenic areas of the country; options to guide camping trips in Yosemite and Tahoe
- Housing contribution to help reduce cost-of-living expenses
- Assistance with finding housing plus discounts on communal housing options
- Flexible scheduling plus the option for part-time work if preferred
- Meal stipends on overnight hotel-based tours, included meals on most camping trips
- Build guiding experience with opportunities for career advancement in the Outdoor & Adventure Travel Industry
**Note: If asked to interview, applicants will be asked to provide a DMV record, form H-6 for CA commercial driver’s (10-year motor vehicle record).
About Incredible Adventures
Incredible Adventures is an environmentally-conscious outdoor travel company based in San Francisco that offers small group tours in the Bay area and beyond – we specialize in Yosemite National Park, Muir Woods, Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, the California coast, and Lake Tahoe!
We are an adventurous group that thrives on being in a casual and laid-back workplace that offsets our challenging and dynamic jobs. We love to travel and we are all huge advocates of preserving our natural resources through green business practices. Most of our vehicles run on petroleum-free biofuels and have a limited impact on the environment (Incredible Adventures is a certified SF Green Business).