Media and Event Manager
Posted by Polymer 80 Inc on 01/25/2023
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Management - Brand, Marketing & Digital Marketing, Merchandising, Public Relations
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
City: Dayton, NV
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Contact Name: Alaina Edwards
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within: Telecommute
Job Description & Requirements
Polymer 80 Inc is looking for an experienced press release, media, event/ trade show professional to join our dynamic Corporate Marketing team. The Media and Trade Show Specialist reports to the Executive Vice President and Director of Marketing and is responsible for planning and managing live events, issuing press releases, and media planning. This individual works with cross-functional teams to execute events in alignment with Polymer 80's corporate marketing strategy.
The ideal candidate for this position is exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and able to multitask. The candidate should be an innovative thinker with creative problem-solving skills who can execute Polymer 80s voice. He or she must have a go-getter attitude and be able to work independently on multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Photoshop, Lightroom, social media (Facebook, Instagram), and trade show booth design skills are preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and manage many aspects of Polymer 80s participation in trade shows and events. This generally includes staging planning meetings, guiding exhibit design and layout; aligning promotions and advertising with sales; handling registration and housing, and promotional materials.
- Organize and manage sales events. This may include the same tasks described above.
- Manage various company sponsorships, which may include facilitating graphics, and coordinating promotional materials.
- Coordinate with product marketing, product management, sales, procurement and other departments as appropriate to successfully execute events.
- Set event goals - including coordinating with sales for targets - and track and report on event metrics.
- Monitor and stay within prescribed event budgets through contract negotiation and cost efficacy measures.
- Cultivate and foster relationships with key industry associations and trade show and event organizations.
- Recommend ways to attractively and successfully portray Polymer 80 to its unique audiences.
Experience: 8+ years of previous related professional experience. Ideal candidate will have successfully managed an annual trade show calendar for a minimum of 12-16 months.
Outdoor/Shooting Sports/Firearm Industry experience is preferred
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Travel: Regular through industry trade show season
Physical Demands: This is a typical office job, with an occasional need to pack and ship tradeshow and event products and displays. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, stand for prolonged periods at events, and travel when required.
About Polymer 80 Inc
Polymer80, Inc. designs and develops innovative firearms and after-market accessories that provide ways for our customer to participate in the build process, while expressing their right to bear arms. This provides a fun learning experience and a greater sense of pride in their completed firearm, strengthening our brand loyalty. We summarize this with our motto of “Engage Your Freedom”.