Accounts Receivables & Credit Specialist
Posted by Leatherman on 03/26/2023
Industry Sector: , Action, Bike, Fishing, Fitness, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Accounting, Finance
Company Type: Accessories, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Position: Accounts Receivables & Credit Specialist
Starting Hourly Pay Rate Range: $18.75-$23.00
Shift: Day, Monday – Friday
Follow established policies and procedures to authorize shipping based on credit status and collect overdue payments for a portfolio of high complexity and high impact customers. Responsible for management and reconciliation of open chargebacks, disputes, and short payments on Accounts Receivable. Post customer payments and process sales invoices. Prepare credit memos for approved adjustments.
- Validate proper credit documentation and reseller certificates have been received for customers.
- Review held open sales orders assessing exposure risk. Communicate to customer service representatives, sales, and customers if further action necessary.
- Independently initiate and follow through on collecting past due balances in both written and verbal form. Some balances may require extensive research and progressive collection techniques.
- Post customer payments and accurately enter deduction status, types, reason codes and comments in Microsoft Dynamics 365 system along with proper documentation.
- Research and determine appropriate backup support and proof of performance for all deduction claims. Request additional support documentation from customers as needed and/or work with customer websites to obtain deduction documentation.
- Coordinate with sales, customer service and/or logistics for validation and approval of claims. Process for chargeback if not valid.
- Perform account reconciliations to resolve outstanding issues with customer accounts and outstanding invoices. Dispute items/chargebacks if necessary.
- Communicate with customers to reconcile customer deductions and settle/write off valid trade deductions according to GAAP guidelines. Dispute/process for chargeback if not valid.
- Prepare credit memos for any approved adjustments such as shortages, price discrepancies, promotion, concealed shortages, duplicate invoice, etc. and ensure supporting documents and backup are included.
- Ensure sales tax compliance for all dealer resale certificates are current and accurate.
- Make recommendations regarding outsourcing collections.
- Assist in the development of procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Process and send collection letters for delinquent accounts.
- Monitor the Credit Email box for customer and internal customer service communications.
- Associate degree in business required including general accounting, Bachelor’s degree preferred. A combination of applicable work experience and college level course work in accounting may be substituted.
- Minimum 3-5 years applicable work experience, with strong emphasis in deduction resolution, problem-solving and collections. Knowledge of Sales and Marketing terms, trade contracts, proof of performance, and trade process.
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy, and organization skills.
- Strong computer knowledge with demonstrated experience in MS Outlook, Word and Excel; Microsoft Access and Microsoft Dynamics 365 a plus.
We care about the Health and Wellbeing of our Employees
Leatherman believes having healthy employees contributes to a healthy and productive workplace and community. While we're all responsible for our own overall health and well-being, Leatherman works toward helping employees make healthy lifestyle choices and changes that improve their health and overall quality of life through its many Health and Wellbeing Resources.
- Free/low cost on-site primary care health center
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Behavioral health programs
- Pet insurance
- Onsite health coaching
- Lifestyle and fitness programs
- Tuition assistance
- Employee volunteer program
- Generous employee discounts
- Onsite fitness center
- Paid time off
We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential.
We create innovative products that prepare people for the expected and unexpected and result in real tales of triumph.
Our vision is to be the global multipurpose brand of choice.
Pre-employment background check and drug screening is required. Leatherman Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.