National Sales Manager
Posted by Gordini on 11/20/2023
Industry Sector: Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Sales - Company Rep & Support
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment
City: Essex Junction
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $100,000-$125,000 annually
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Gordini USA Inc. is a manufacturer and distributor of cold-weather gloves, mittens, goggles, and base layer, both our brand and private label. We are also Carhartt's glove, base layer, socks, and boxer brief licensee. Based in Vermont and independently owned, Gordini has focused on the same mission since its founding 65 years ago: to keep you outside longer with functional and innovative accessories.
At Gordini USA Inc., the sales team is the engine that optimizes our business opportunities and educates our clients about our great products. We’re seeking a qualified sales manager to lead a team of driven sales representatives. The ideal sales manager has deep experience with the entire sales process, has worked in the outdoor/snow sports and cycling business, and excels at lead generation, relationship building, and motivating a large group of seasoned sales representatives.
We’re looking for someone with a successful track record in accomplishing organic growth and launching new products who can inspire the same performance in others.
- Represent the company effectively with comprehensive knowledge of our offerings.
- Research consumer needs and identify how our solutions address them.
- Hire, train, motivate, and advise a team of sales representatives.
- Achieve company objectives by planning thoroughly, setting sales goals, analyzing performance data, and making forecasts.
- Develop skills continuously for hiring, training, and leading team members, and ensure that they're using effective sales tactics to meet revenue objectives.
- Generate leads and establish and nurture client relationships.
- Create and execute a strategic sales plan that expands our customer base and extends the company's global reach: building European distribution.
- Meet with potential clients and grow long-lasting relationships that address their needs.
- Recruit sales representatives, set objectives, train, and coach them, and monitor their performance.
- Identify knowledge gaps within the team and develop plans for filling them.
- Ensure that company quotas are met by holding daily check-ins with the sales team to set objectives and monitor progress.
- Work with marketing to ensure that sales reps and clients alike are in tune with our marketing and promotions.
- Five or more years of experience in managing sales in a corporate or small business setting.
- Strong familiarity with outdoor sports, cycling/mountain biking and snow industry.
- Proven record of success with the entire sales process, from planning to closing
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Superb leadership ability
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time.
- Motivational speaking experience
- Proven success rate at levels above sales quota
- Minimum of a University undergraduate degree.
Salary and benefits:
· $10,000 - $20,000 bonus eligibility based on sales accomplishments.
· Comprehensive medical insurance.
· 401k with company match
Paid time off
Gordini celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based in Vermont and independently-owned, Gordini has focused on the same mission since its founding 65 years ago: to keep hands warm and dry so you can stay outside longer.