Environmental Educator/Outdoor Educator/Naturalist
Posted by Clemson University Learning Institute on 11/28/2023
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Outdoor Education
Company Type: NaturalResources
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Job Type: Seasonal Full Time
Salary: $525 a week plus room, board, insurance
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Clemson University’s R.M Cooper 4-H Leadership Center
Clemson University’s Camp Bob Cooper is seeking instructors to join our amazing outdoor education and rentals team for our Spring Season (with the potential to stay on through Summer). We provide educational programs for elementary and middle schools around the state. Camp Bob Cooper is located in the Lowcountry of SC on a 110 acre peninsula on Lake Marion (SC’s largest lake). Our location provides a range of ecosystems being in a lake setting and an hour from the coast in Charleston. Instructors will be trained and teach children in aquatic ecology, forestry studies, wildlife ecology, soils science, natural history of the area, teams course, and high adventure (ropes courses and climbing wall). The job includes day and evening programs but no overnight supervision of school children in cabins. We also work with various private and public groups that want a rental experience in a camp setting. For more info please go to our website at https://culi.sites.clemson.edu/programs/academic/
· Regularly teach at least two curriculum components in the field study programs
· Lead students in daily program activities (wake-up, flagpole, meals, canteen, and campfire).
· Be actively involved in all program activities, leading and participating in evening recreational and instructional times as scheduled.
· Assist with routine clean up and set up of program areas.
· Perform direct supervision of children while involved with activities.
· Facilitate groups utilizing adventure activities.
- Degree in Environmental Education, Natural Sciences, Parks & Recreation or related field preferred OR Experience in Environmental Ed Programs and or Camping Programs
- Must have the patience, understanding, flexibility, and a lot of energy.
- Must demonstrate teaching skills and the ability to implement creative “hands on” teaching methods.
- Must be willing to sacrifice, adapt and work hard as part of a team pursuing an objective.
- Must be physically able to perform the tasks required to teach outdoors.
- Must be willing to work long hours.
$525/week plus room, board, and a sickness/accidental insurance plan.
Contact: Send resumes to Megan Griffith at email@example.com
About Clemson University Learning Institute
We build capacity by creating experiences that maximize potential for individuals and organizations.?
Our team shows up every day to train and develop the next generation of South Carolina’s leaders.